Anytime there is lemon in a chicken recipe you know it is going to be good. The two ingredients were meant for each other!
This creamy lemon infused dish, won’t disappoint. It is perfect for cool fall nights. You don’t have to heat your oven, but you still get a home style comfort food.
Bone-in chicken thighs work great in this recipe, making it a very budget friendly and practical meal too!
Creamy Lemon Stove Top Chickenstaff Anytime there is lemon in a chicken recipe you know it is going to… Print This
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth, I use a bullion cube and a cup of water
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion sliced in rings or 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat chicken with flour mixture
- In a large somewhat deep frying pan, Brown chicken in butter until both sides are a nice brown color.
- Add chicken broth, lemon, cream and onions or mushrooms if desired
- cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or so, until meat is tender.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve over rice or mashed potaotes
Recipe adapted from Taste of Homes, Lemon Cream Chicken